Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Mold can quickly spread through out your entire home or business in as little as 48 hours. It can become a problem when there’s a water intrusion, like a roof leak or even the smallest leaking water pipe. Mold can be a big problem, and can also cause a significant amount of damage to your property. SERVPRO of McAllen has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem as quickly as you can say "Green"! We are always here to help! Here are some do's and don'ts when it comes to mold.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (956) 631-0348
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of McAllen for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of McAllen has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
SERVPRO of McAllen proudly serves McAllen, Edinburg, and surrounding areas.