Power Strips and Surges with SERVPRO of McAllen
Surge protectors are great because they provide several outlets and that can come in very handy. However, depending on what you’re plugging in, not every outlet should be used. Most things we tend to plug in are like a phone, computer, or gaming console, which don’t use much power. Items found in your kitchen, on the contrary, such as a toaster, crockpot, or skillet would draw more power and could potentially cause electrical issues.
If the power strip or surge protectors begin to feel hot, it is a sign that you have too many things plugged in and should start unplugging to play it safe.
Watch for burn marks or melted plastic that would also indicate that there are to many things plugged in.
Before plugging in your next electronic device, look at what’s going on with your power strip or surge protector.
If in the event something does go wrong and you suffer from an electrical fire you can count on SERVPRO of McAllen. This type of damage can be especially upsetting and destructive for your family to process. You may feel stressed, confused, and vulnerable so you’ll need a caring expert to guide you through this crisis. We’ll treat you with respect, and empathy, and we’ll always treat your home and belongings with care. We will work nonstop until we get your life back to normal.