Home Fire Prevention & Safety Tips
Fire safety is of very critical importance. Reason being is because fires can strike anywhere at anytime! SERVPRO of McAllen would like to provide you with some of the top tips for fire safety to help prevent a fire from happening in your own home to keep you, and your family safe.
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your home. Inside bedrooms, and outside sleeping areas to alert you in case of any fire that's happening inside your home.
- Test smoke alarms EVERY month! This is very important.
- Make a fire escape plan, and practice the plan at least twice a year.
- If a fire occurs in your home, GET OUT, STAY OUT, and CALL FOR HELP right away.
Prevent a fire from happening in your home by:
- Inspecting heating sources in your home.
- ALWAYS keep the stove and oven clear, and never leave the kitchen unattended while stove or oven is on.
- Maintain cords. Whenever you have finished using any appliance, make sure to unplug the appliance.
- Store flammable products properly.
- Be very cautious with candles. Turn them off after you have finished using it. NEVER leave a candle on overnight.
STAY SAFE! From your friends at SERVPRO Of McAllen.