HVAC Tips For Your Commercial Property.
It’s always a good idea to hire a professional to come inspect your HVAC system; if any maintenance is needed, that same company can take care of it right away. You will want to have an inspection done every fall and again in spring, after the heavier use months during winter and summer. A professional will inspect and clean all of your unit’s wiring and mechanisms, which would be a bit challenging for anyone without the training or expertise. Using a professional ensures that the future of your business’ HVAC is bright!
As a business owner, there are several simple maintenance chores that you can do to prolong your system’s life and increase its efficiency between professional inspections and maintenance, such as:
- Get a high-efficiency, pleated air filter for your system
- Keep your heating units and AC free of pollen, leaves, and grass
- Keep two feet of space clear around your outdoor AC and heating units
- Inspect refrigerant lines every month
- Replace air filters at least every 90 days
- In the summer, turn off the water running to the furnace humidifier
- In the fall, replace the humidifier filter and turn the water back on
- Replace the carbon monoxide detector battery
- Make sure your outdoor AC unit is on firm and level ground
- Clean AC condensation with a bleach and water mixture
Caring for your HVAC properly throughout the year will keep your work environment air quality and atmosphere pleasant, which keeps your staff happy and content. It will also save you money by improving and maintaining your energy efficiency throughout your building.
The team at SERVPRO of McAllen is always ready to inspect and maintain your HVAC system, and we are here to answer any questions you might have. We are also experienced in large cleanup jobs such as those needed because of fire damage or water damage, and we are pros at mold remediation. Call us today at (956) 631-0348